Jesus, Bread of Life
“Jesus said to them, ‘I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst.'” John 6:35
In this lesson, learn about Jesus, Bread of Life:
- Fish and Loaves and Walking on Water. The disciples witness Jesus feeding the crowds with a little boy’s basket of fish and loaves, and see Jesus walking on water and calming the storm in their boat. The disciples now in awe, worship Jesus saying “You are certainly God’s Son!” Matthew 14:33
- Bread from Heaven. Jesus offers “bread” that is necessary for eternal life and transforms us to that which actually satisfies. “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life. I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give for the life of the world is My flesh.” John 6:47-51
- Confession of Faith. Jesus gave the Twelve disciples a chance to either stand with the crowd or out from it. They chose to stand firmly with Him.
- Tradition and Teaching. Jesus challenges the Pharisees: The way you speak is more important than what you eat. Your words must be filtered through a pure heart.
- Healing and Feeding Crowds. Jesus had first come for Israel’s lost sheep, but was equally stirred by the hurts of the wider world. Jesus goes to the Gentiles where he freely healed and restored, and they responded with pure worship.
- A chronological study through Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John on the life of Christ, journeying from His eternal preexistence to His future return.
- A different attribute of Jesus for each lesson – Good Shepherd, Light of the World, King of Kings, Suffering Servant, and more – helps focus each week’s study.
- This 24 week study leads you through in-depth study and daily personal application questions, bringing familiar stories to life and deepening your understanding of Jesus’ life and purpose on earth.
- Free Leader Resources are available to download, including class guides, reviews, and other class materials.
Join teachers Pat Harley, Jennifer McClish, Kellye Rickman, and Fay Runnion as they bring the stories of Jesus Christ to life.
Companion workbook available, also sold on Amazon