Jesus, Lamb of God
“The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, ‘Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.'” John 1:29
In this lesson, learn about Jesus, The Lamb of God:
- The Preaching of John the Baptist. John came baptizing for repentance of sins. This is the first time this is mentioned in the Biblical history. What is repentance and how is it different from guilt or regret?
- The Baptism of Jesus. Jesus submits Himself to be baptized, and in this moment, Jesus “was numbered with the transgressors.” Isaiah 53:12
- The Temptation of Jesus. The Lamb of God is led into the wilderness to experience what is common to all of us – the unrelenting assault of our oldest adversary, Satan.
- The Testimony of John the Baptist. When John was asked, “Who are you?”, he was not being self-promoting. But instead humbly said, “Don’t look at me – See the One who has chosen to stand in our midst. Behold, the Lamb of God!”
- The First Miracle of Jesus. The first miracle was at a celebration of joy – a wedding feast. What a way for Jesus to start His ministry – with joy!
- A chronological study through Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John on the life of Christ, journeying from His eternal preexistence to His future return.
- A different attribute of Jesus for each lesson – Good Shepherd, Light of the World, King of Kings, Suffering Servant, and more – helps focus each week’s study.
- This 24 week study leads you through in-depth study and daily personal application questions, bringing familiar stories to life and deepening your understanding of Jesus’ life and purpose on earth.
- Free Leader Resources are available to download, including class guides, reviews, and other class materials.
Join teachers Pat Harley, Jennifer McClish, Kellye Rickman, and Fay Runnion as they bring the stories of Jesus Christ to life.
Companion workbook available, also sold on Amazon.