Jesus, The Messiah
“The woman said to Him, ‘I know that Messiah is coming (He who is called Christ); when that One comes, He will declare all things to us.’ Jesus said to her, ‘I who speak to you am He.'” John 4:25-26
In this lesson, learn about Jesus, The Messiah:
- First Passover – Cleansing of the Temple. The Messiah is consumed with zeal – an intense passion or fiery devotion – by what He sees: the misuse and abuse of His Father’s house, the temple.
- You Must Be Born Again. Jesus engages with Nicodemus, and introduces the idea of being “born again”, a term never used before. Jesus presents the Gospel to him: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son…” John 3:16
- John’s Last Testimony. “The friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice. So this joy of mine has been made full. He must increase, but I must decrease.” John 3:29-30
- Jesus and the Woman at the Well. To the woman at the well and the spurned Samaritan villagers, Jesus restored hope. People came to know Christ because of the woman’s testimony, not signs and wonders.
- Jesus Rejected at Nazareth. While in the synogogue of His hometown, Jesus read aloud from Isaiah’s words – that He came for the poor and the prisoner, the blind and the brokenhearted. But those who knew Him since childhood had a hard time accepting the carptenter’s Son was the fulfillment of Isaiah’s prophecy.
- A chronological study through Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John on the life of Christ, journeying from His eternal preexistence to His future return.
- A different attribute of Jesus for each lesson – Good Shepherd, Light of the World, King of Kings, Suffering Servant, and more – helps focus each week’s study.
- This 24 week study leads you through in-depth study and daily personal application questions, bringing familiar stories to life and deepening your understanding of Jesus’ life and purpose on earth.
- Free Leader Resources are available to download, including class guides, reviews, and other class materials.
Join teachers Pat Harley, Jennifer McClish, Kellye Rickman, and Fay Runnion as they bring the stories of Jesus Christ to life.
Companion workbook available, also sold on Amazon.