Jesus, The Healer
“When evening came, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were ill. This was to fulfill what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet: ‘He Himself took our infirmities and carried away our diseases.'” Matthew 8:16-17
In this lesson, learn about Jesus, The Healer:
- The First Disciples and the Galilee Ministry. See Jesus in action as He calls His first followers: men of the sea by trade. They respond eagerly to a promise of transformation.
- Many Are Healed. The great and gentle physician healed “all those” who came, and diseases were eradicated. This shows what the kingdom of heaven will look like.
- The Leper in Galilee. The point of healing was to point us to God, and our need for a Savior.
- The Paralytic in Capernaum. Crowds followed Jesus everywhere. Through compassion, Jesus heals them. However, what He is most concerned about is their spiritual healing.
- The Call of Levi (Matthew). Jesus’ healing of the parlytic is motivated by compassion, and so is His call of Levi. Tax collectors were considered greedy and had a bad reputation, so to be called into a relationship with Jesus Himself would be an act of pure grace.
- A chronological study through Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John on the life of Christ, journeying from His eternal preexistence to His future return.
- A different attribute of Jesus for each lesson – Good Shepherd, Light of the World, King of Kings, Suffering Servant, and more – helps focus each week’s study.
- This 24 week study leads you through in-depth study and daily personal application questions, bringing familiar stories to life and deepening your understanding of Jesus’ life and purpose on earth.
- Free Leader Resources are available to download, including class guides, reviews, and other class materials.
Join teachers Pat Harley, Jennifer McClish, Kellye Rickman, and Fay Runnion as they bring the stories of Jesus Christ to life.
Companion workbook available, also sold on Amazon.