Jesus, Teacher of Righteousness
“When Jesus saw the crowds. He went up on the mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. He opened His mouth and began to teach them…” Matthew 5:1-2
In this lesson, learn about Jesus, Teacher of Righteousness:
- The Beatitudes. This was not a typical Jewish lecture about obeying rules and following Moses. Jesus was not looking to inspire better behavior, but he desperately wanted believers to know that there was more to life as they knew it.
- Personal Relationships. Jesus was turning the world upside down, but speaking of life as it was always meant to be. Whatever the relationshipo, your heart matters most.
- Giving, Praying, Fasting, and Treasure. These are considered spiritual disciplines, but when pursued with “who’s watching?” in mind, the blessing vanishes. Whatever we do, we should do it all in the name and for the glory of God.
- Anxiety and Judgment. Jesus taught in a way that comforted and admonished. He addressed the unseen fears yet reminded us that God is in control. And preoccupation with our other’s sin must not keep us from examining our own hearts.
- The Golden Rule, Narrow Gate, Fruit, and Foundation. Jesus concludes His teaching by framing the character of His Father for the children of Israel. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Following His teaching is not easy, just like entering a narrow gate. It is not the absence of pain but being secure in the midst of it. In contrast, the false teaching promoted a more expedient and self-serving route.
- A chronological study through Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John on the life of Christ, journeying from His eternal preexistence to His future return.
- A different attribute of Jesus for each lesson – Good Shepherd, Light of the World, King of Kings, Suffering Servant, and more – helps focus each week’s study.
- This 24 week study leads you through in-depth study and daily personal application questions, bringing familiar stories to life and deepening your understanding of Jesus’ life and purpose on earth.
- Free Leader Resources are available to download, including class guides, reviews, and other class materials.
Join teachers Pat Harley, Jennifer McClish, Kellye Rickman, and Fay Runnion as they bring the stories of Jesus Christ to life.
Companion workbook available, also sold on Amazon.