Jesus, The Burden Bearer
“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30
In this lesson, learn about Jesus, the Burden Bearer:
- Jesus Heals a Centurion’s Servant. The centurian’s faith played a role in Jesus’ healing, and the gentile centurion received his greatest commendation of all – praise of the Messiah.
- A Deputation from John. Everyone wrestles with the burden of doubt, but when John needed assurance, he went straight to the Source.
- Come to Me. All who are weighed down by sin can rest in Jesus Christ our Burden Bearer.
- Jesus relates to Women. To the woman who annointed Jesus feet with perfume, Jesus responds: “Your sins have been forgiven. Your faith has saved you; go in peace. For he who has many sins and are forgiven, loves much. But he who is forgiven little, loves little.” Luke 7:47-50
- The Pharisees Rebuked. Jesus speaks of blasphemy against the Spirit. “He who is not with Me is against Me.” Matthew 12:30
- A chronological study through Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John on the life of Christ, journeying from His eternal preexistence to His future return.
- A different attribute of Jesus for each lesson – Good Shepherd, Light of the World, King of Kings, Suffering Servant, and more – helps focus each week’s study.
- This 24 week study leads you through in-depth study and daily personal application questions, bringing familiar stories to life and deepening your understanding of Jesus’ life and purpose on earth.
- Free Leader Resources are available to download, including class guides, reviews, and other class materials.
Join teachers Pat Harley, Jennifer McClish, Kellye Rickman, and Fay Runnion as they bring the stories of Jesus Christ to life.
Companion workbook available, also sold on Amazon