Jesus, The Storyteller
“All these things Jesus spoke to the crowds in parables, and He did not speak to them without a parable. This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet: ‘I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things hidden since the foundation of the world.'” Matthew 13:34-35
In this lesson, learn about Jesus, the Storyteller:
- Jesus Teaches in Parables. As a masterful storyteller, Jesus tells parables that show judgment to those who refuse to accept Him and life to those who receive His words as truth.
- The Parable Explained. Our eternal destiny depends on our response to the Word of God.
- Tares Among Wheat. We are not to judge, but to sow in love and plant with prayer and wait for Jesus’ return. Jesus is the final judge.
- Seed and Leaven. God has always chosen to do big miracles with small things. We are to grow the kingdom of heaven.
- A Treasure, A Pearl, and a Dragnet. “The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden the field.” Matthew 13:44. It is our greatest treasure.
- A chronological study through Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John on the life of Christ, journeying from His eternal preexistence to His future return.
- A different attribute of Jesus for each lesson – Good Shepherd, Light of the World, King of Kings, Suffering Servant, and more – helps focus each week’s study.
- This 24 week study leads you through in-depth study and daily personal application questions, bringing familiar stories to life and deepening your understanding of Jesus’ life and purpose on earth.
- Free Leader Resources are available to download, including class guides, reviews, and other class materials.
Join teachers Pat Harley, Jennifer McClish, Kellye Rickman, and Fay Runnion as they bring the stories of Jesus Christ to life.
Companion workbook available, also sold on Ama